Linux as workstation (multiple logins, DCOP problem)

Timco Visser tppv at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 17:51:27 GMT 2003

That's a pitty. I was just telling everyone how easy
it was to use Linux remotely and that you can start up
any program on any system but still see it on your
screen (by setting DISPLAY etc.).
So then they also wanted to be able to have this
``clickable thingy'' (KDE) on their remote computer
(which uses exceed). Okay, no problem. Except for the
fact that everybody uses the Administrator account and
also want to have one single login name for linux...
Since you can startup the same program twice on one
computer, being the same user, but still sending the
output to two different screens, I was hoping that
this would also be possible for KDE (which, admittedly
you cannot compare to a regular program). Alas not.
Well, maybe they'll learn that it's not so bad to use
different login names.

Thanx,

Timco