simple text printing with kprinter - how?

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Wed Feb 26 16:54:48 GMT 2003

Hy,

I'm using KDE 3.1 on RedHat 7.2 and I simply want to print a plain ascii text
file.
When I do this, I get

The file format text/plain is not directly supported by the current print
system. KDE can try to convert this file automatically to a supported format.
But you can still try to send the file to the printer without any conversion.
Do you want KDE to try to convert this file to application/postscript?

If I select "Convert", I get an error

A print error occured. Error message received from system:
Error while filtering. Command was: enscript -M %psu -p %out %in.

OK, I do not have enscript on my System.

Question: what is the easiest solution for this?
I do have a2ps on my system - how can I set up a filter for this?
Has anybody an example?
--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin