use of the "menu"-key

Frank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Tue Feb 25 04:16:11 GMT 2003

Hi Lasse

Might I intrude and extend your new thread.

Along with your problem/request I also am starting to look for ways to tidy up
my keyboard. (So what, you might think.)

Well mine is a multimedia keyboard with something like 120 mapables!

Add to that some inherent problems with my current distro
[MandrakeLinux2.4.19-16mdk](possible this newbies tinkering)
that seems to make the odd key difficult -
	1) Left shift and q [target is upper case Q] doesn't work in many apps
	    though here it does?????????
	2)' " to get these quotes here I have had to tap the key twice each time????

Just to give readers an idea.

My request would be to get all keys working and short of learning how to map
keys technically and learning how to hack the relevant code with ease my only
recourse is to piggy back with any current thread I find.

Hope you don't mind - damn. this double taping of quote key is becoming a
habit.

So where do I look 1st off to increase my knowledge reasonably on this topic.

SnapafunFrank