use X11 screensavers on KDE??

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Feb 21 01:38:48 GMT 2003

Hugo Ortega H. wrote:
> well,
>
> I found the answer myself :) ... use the xcreensaver
> program:
>
> http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#kde
>
> sorry... as I can see, the program is "a classic", and
> it's very easy to find and use, but I didn't know
> about it...
>
> anyway, thx...
>
> Hugo
>

>>Hi list,
>>
>>Is there any way for use the X11 screensavers (in
>>the
>>/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver directory) on KDE??...
>>
>>I'm using the 3.0 version...

Actual answer to your question:

Open a Konsole, temporarily add: "/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver" to your PATH and run kappfinder

	PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver:$PATH
	export PATH
	kappfinder

Then after: "kbuildsycoca" runs, they should show up in the Control Center.

NOTE: you don't have as much control if you run the X screen savers through KDE, but it does work.

--
JRT