can leave xwin, cannot return.

simply service simplyservice at mobile.rogers.com
Fri Feb 7 14:59:25 GMT 2003

I had a similar problem while using a framebuffer video driver for X windows.  I had a framebuffer logo on tty/1 and xwindows on 7.  I could start an xwindows session and after switching back to session 1, I could not get my image back on 7.  I finally resolved the issue by switching drivers for X.  You might try a generic svga x driver to see if that's causing the problem.  I think the driver is simply svga (but I'm not in front of a computer so I can't verify this).  I hope this helps you a little despite not being exactly the problem you are having.

Jason Pfingstmann