Keyboard freezes with KDE 3.1

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Tue Feb 4 12:15:53 GMT 2003

Hi, I have the following problem with KDE 3.1, compiled from sources:

After about 4 days with problems, suddenly (eg about 3-4 minutes after logging
in) the keyboard freezes; I can't type anything. The mouse works normally,
and generally everything works perfectly except for the keyboard. Using xev
to test for X events I found that indeed no keyboard events are signaled. How
can this be? I reverted back to kde 3.0.3 and everything works perfectly
smooth. Any ideas welcome.

(SuSE 7.1, qt-3.1.1,  kernel 2.4.18, X 4.2.0)

--
Dimitris Stasinopoulos