usb-storage detection utility

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Dec 29 12:11:29 GMT 2003

On Monday 29 December 2003 12:58, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
> Le lun 29/12/2003 à 12:52, Kevin Krammer a écrit :
> > I think that is not a KDE program/feature but some extension done my
> > Mandrake. Maybe supermount or something like that.
> >
> > You might have better luck on a Mandrake list or forum.
>
> Ok, I'll try that then...
> But when KDE starts the splash screen shows 'peripheral detection' for a
> brief moment, couldn't that be the thing I'm looking for?

Hmm, I don't think so.
I think this refers to things like mouse and keyboard.

> Because when I log in XFce instead, my camera remains unmounted...

Maybe the script or whatever is used is started by KDE's autostart mechanism
and not by XFce.

However, I could be totally wrong, I assume it is a Mandrake extension because
I have never seen this happen on my Debian boxes.

Cheers,
Kevin