konqueror: download does not resume

Pere Constans constans at ruf.rice.edu
Mon Dec 29 08:32:50 GMT 2003

It seems like a hidden 'konqueror's download manager'   :-)

From a backup, I found changes in the files

kioslaverc:
AutoResume=true
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r3
[Proxy Settings]
Proxy Config Script=
ProxyType=4
ftpProxy=
httpProxy=
httpsProxy=

while it was:
[$Version]
update_info=kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r1,kioslave.upd:kde2.2/r3
[Proxy Settings]
Proxy Config Script=
ftpProxy=
httpProxy=
httpsProxy=

And the file
uiserverrc:
[UIServer]
ShowList=true

while it was set to false before.

So, in summary, it seems that kio can be turn to some sort of minimalist kget.
Now it asks me if I want to overwrite or resume. In fish (ssh-sftp) mode it
asks, but always overwrites, possibly because its hard to resume from
encrypted downloads.

I've also noted that konquerorrc has an entry
[HTML Settings]
DownloadManager=

No clue what is it. It wasn't there before, though it can come from the kget
tests I did. Also, no clue why those files changed suddenly...

Pere

A Diumenge Desembre 28 2003 13:06, James Richard Tyrer va escriure: