Groups in kmail

Dr. Lyman Hazelton lrh at alum.mit.edu
Sat Dec 13 21:13:54 GMT 2003

On Saturday 13 December 2003 01:17 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> I haven't used that yet, but I think you can create distribution
> lists in KAddressbook and use the list names like an email address
> in KMail
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

I have successfully used the Distribution Lists capability of KMail.
The way you use it is (1) create a new named distribution list
(that's what you'll use as the address when emailing to the list),
and (2) drag and drop members from your contacts list(s) into the
distribution list.  Save everything when you're done, and viola, you
can email the whole list.  I haven't tried it yet, but you may be
able to refer to one list in another, thus including the entirity of
the referred list in the new "grand" list.  It works quite well.

 Lyman