It would be nice to have a KDE Linux 3.2 Distribution

Lukas Molzberger molzberg at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 9 11:33:13 GMT 2003

Hi,
I've been using KDE for several years now and I am a big fan of it. So far my
favorite distribution has been SuSE, because it's a very nice distro and it
supported KDE very well. That's also the reason why I bought almost every
Version of SuSE Linux instead of just downloading it from the net. But now,
since SuSE has been bought by Novell, I'm not sure if SuSE Linux is still the
right choice for me. I don't see much use in buying SuSE Linux, when most of
the money will be invested in things like Ximian or Server Software that I
will never use. Beside that KDE for me is the only place where I would like
to see more improvements. I mean KDE is already very nice and the best Linux
Desktop out there, but projects like the Linux kernel or many libraries are
finished from the desktop users perpective and don't need much further
improvement.
What I'm suggesting is to make a KDE Linux 3.2 distribution where I as a KDE
user can be sure that the money will be invested the right way. This
distribution could be sold through for example book shops the way SuSE Linux
is sold today. It could be based on either SuSE Linux the way the Java
Desktop is based on SuSE or it could be based on Debian like Knoppix. The
distribution should also have the same release cycle as KDE.

Cheers
Lukas