konqueror open some links with multimedia composant

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Fri Aug 29 07:35:55 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 29. August 2003 03:19 schrieb James Richard Tyrer:
> imr wrote:
> > On Friday 29 August 2003 00:44, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > yes, it does.
> > But is it the regular behavior?
>
> Yes, it has been that way -- the way browsers work -- since Netscape.
>
> Konqueror may still have a few bugs in it -- it may require the <Shift>
> when it really should figure it out for itself.
>
> > Why is it calling the multimedia part?
>
> If the file has a MIME type link (a file association), then Konqueror will
> use it.

Yes.
I checked the link
http://registry.gimp.org/file/slime.scm?action=download&id=256
It's a gimp script, but the web server sets the HTTP header

On my system application/octet-stream is associated with
KMPlayer, and set to use it as external viewer.  And that's
what happens here.

The Content-Type header should  be text/plain instead or something
but that's the web server's fault.

Christian.