Random screensaver quit working

racsw at yahoo.com racsw at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 22:48:58 BST 2003

Hello,
   While this certainly is not of huge importance, it
has become an irritating burr under my saddle, and I
would like to find out why a fully-operating, amazing
KDE 3.1 screensaver quits working after awhile.
   I always have selected "Random", and currently I
have KDE 3.1 on both my SuSe 8.2 system and the wife's
Mandrake 9.1 system.   The Mandrake KDE will simply
not work at all when Random is selected.   My SuSe 8.2
has been working flawlessly for 3 weeks since
installation until today.   Now, for some unknown
reason, when Random is selected, and it goes to
Screensaver mode, I get a black, blank, screen instead
of my absolutely stunning screensaver displays.
   Three weeks ago, I removed my Mandrake 8.2 system,
and installed SuSe.   I had KDE 3.1 on the MDK 8.2 as
well, and I had the identical same problem there, so I
know it's not a distribution issue.
   Can someone tell me how to get my KDE Screensaver
operating again in the "Random" mode?

  Thanks,
Robert