mount menu

Andrew Wendt awendt at putergeek.com
Fri Aug 22 08:24:48 BST 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 02:25, ovidiu pascui wrote:
> I use KDE 3.1.3 on my linux box. In the control-center one can chose under
> "behaviour" not to show on the desktop the unmounted floppies, cd/dvd-roms,
> zippdisks, etc. But in this case how you can mount the media? Only from the
> konsole? A mount menu of the available media should be present in the
> desktop menu (right-click or so) like it is in gnome. Or there other
> options that I'm unaware?

Choice A:
Browse to devices:/ in Konqueror. You could even drag that URL to your desktop
or panel.

Choice B:
There's a program that runs as an icon in your systray that allows you to
easily mount and unmount filesystems. I don't have it installed, but I think
it's called kwikdisk.

Choice C:
You can manually create icons for mountable devices and throw them wherever
you'd like. For example: Right-click on the desktop, and choose Create New ->
Device and then the device type. Then you can fill in the filename of the
device (under the device tab).