Inter-process commnication error

Frank Sek SEK at rsbs.anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 11 03:47:26 BST 2003

Hello

I have recently installed Mandrake Linux ( a recent convert to Linux ),
while I was trying to set-up a connection to the Internet, using a Modem, I
experienced this error message , which does not allow me to enter KDE when I
try to login.
My error message is........There was an error setting up inter-process
communication for KDE. The message returned by the system was. " Could not
read network connection list.
/home/frank/.DCOPserver.-http://www.webone.com.au_o
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running ."
I would greatly appreciate any help in removing the error, & restoring my
KDE back to its original state
Thanking you in advance
Frank Sek