Manually setting a session

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 27 13:18:33 BST 2003

On Saturday 26 April 2003 11:06 am, Harmen Schaap wrote:
> On Saturday 26 April 2003 15:14, Derek Fountain wrote:
> > Since upgrading to KDE-3.1 I've not been able to get to grips with the
> > session handling. It used to be that on log out, you were asked whether
> > you wanted to save the current session. If you said yes, that's what you
> > got when you logged back in.
>
> Have you tried Control Panel -> KDE Components -> Session Manager ??

Yea, I found that, and I set it to "restore a manually saved session" and late
yesterday realized the changes made here.  I have to manually save a session
from the KDE Menu, and not when I logout.

But the icons still DO NOT sort properly when I log in.  I have this scrambled
MESS, that I have to manually sort out every time.  I have looked all through
Control panel and I cannot find the "auto sort" am I blind here too?

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

	"The act of faith is the obedience of the understanding
	 to God revealing, and the product of that is the obedience
	 of the will to God commanding."
		Matthew Henry, on Romans 1:5