KDE and locales

Hana Skoumalova Hana.Skoumalova at ff.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 16 15:07:32 BST 2003

Hello,

I installed KDE 3.0 on SPARC/Solaris 9 and I have problems with setting
the keyboard. My locales are set to cs_CZ.ISO8859-2 and all applications
display the ISO8859-2 characters. However, I cannot type them. In CDE,
which is the default desktop on Solaris, I can type with Compose key -
Compose+v+c yields c-caron, etc. These Compose sequences are defined in
the file /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso8859-2/Compose. I suspect that KDE
ignores this file or perhaps it looks for it in another directory. How
can I learn or does anyone know which directory KDE searches for the
Compose file? I also suspect that there may be a mismatch between
Solaris and KDE names of locales. Does KDE use the name cs_CZ.ISO8859-2
or does it use another variant?

Thanks for the replies.

Hana
--
Hana Skoumalova                Charles University, Faculty of Arts
                                          Institute of Theoretical