[kde-promo] Re: Re: Re: WSJ Strikeout and TypeHeads [LONG]

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Apr 11 08:29:36 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 11. April 2003 09:05 schrieb Neil Stevens:

Hi,

> > Wall Street Journal != General Public
> > Wall Street Journal ~= Decision Makers
>
> High-level business and investment decision makers, yes.  But KDE is not a
> business, so those decision makers don't do us any good.  Any company that
> has its IT policy changed on the whim of a CEO who read about some
> software in the newspaper isn't going to last long.

According to my experience (and believe me I already introduced KDE to many
companies incl. larger investment banks etc) such newspapers help a lot.

Basically often two things happen.

1.) Boss reads about new product / technology and then asks the middle
management to report if they are already doing an evaluation.

2.) middle management wants tointroduce a technology and when they present
their ideas to the boss it helps them a _lot_ if the boss can say: "Yeah I
already know,... some hot stuff..... go for it...)

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de