R: [kde] RE: [kde] à è ì ò ù - SEMI-SOLVED

Filippo Spanò filippo.spano at ledcomputer.it
Wed Apr 2 08:55:15 BST 2003

Yew! and very many thanks to Tako Schotanus!

The problem was:
1) kde doesn't open files with special character like à è ì ect
   and respond "The file is non avaiable or not exist"
2) in place of the icon-text there is the same icon with a padlock
3) in the name of file, the special character is not visible

The solution is: or do not save file with characters until we have
a better soluition or renaming with shell the file, so kde can see
and handle it.

Great group!

READ, IT'S IMPORTANT:
1) The problem is semi-solved because still I do not succeed to see
special characters in file opened with text editors
(appears a little square) eccept in vim and Gedit.

2) The Graphic shell of kde DO NOT handle these characters in the
   header of windows!! I've RH8.0 and kde 3.0.x ecc, italian;
    in a message appared:
   "Il file esiste giڤ" - in place of "Il file esiste già"
	-> the file already exist

There is a solution for this issue?

Bye and thanks

felipe