[kde-linux] howto to network audio with KDE-url-correct

sibusiso xolo sibxol at btconnect.com
Mon Sep 30 13:57:16 BST 2002

Greetings,

Many thanks,  the howtos at the arts website were useful.  However the aRts
maling list seem  almost dead.  I  also checked the http://multimedia.kde.org
and there was no mention of KwinTV (or a renamed version) or for that matter
ny other 'multimedia' programs.    This is surprising as 'the deskotp'  is
metamorphising into the multimedia networked-device.  I am a fan of KDE  but
there does not seem to me much momentum for multimedia on KDE.  For  example
there is a progam called zapping (http://zapping.sourceforge.net) a direct
competitor to KWinTV  and videlan http://wwwvidelan.org and they all seem to
be
clustering around gnome. There is also a program called Media application
server  http://www.MediaApplicationServer.net/  which seem to be clustering
around gnome.  I think all the above  (especially the latter) have
implications for Kmultimedia.   KDE use to poduce wishlists and witepapers;
could someone inform if one of these is around the corner for nultimedia?

sincerely
Sibu Xolu
ps the download applications link to http://applications.kde.com seems
currently broken