IRC programs for KDE3

Jay Cornwall jay at evilrealms.net
Tue Sep 24 00:26:10 BST 2002

On Monday 23 September 2002 23:51 pm, David Findlay wrote:

> I'm not sure that that's exactly what I'm after. It seems rather cludgy to
> put an IRC client into a IM, but anyway. I think I'll stick to XChat for a
> while yet. Thanks,

I've been working on a project that might interest you: a KDE interface for
XChat. :)

Since the 1.9.x rewrite of XChat, the GUI code has been largely abstracted
from the rest of the code - enabling us to write a KDE frontend for it.

The project is very incomplete at the moment, and I'm the only developer
working on it at the moment (and I go back to university in 2 weeks :/). I
haven't set up a website yet, but you can pull the current code from CVS:
  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.evilrealms.net:/home/cvs login
  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.evilrealms.net:/home/cvs co kxchat

KDE/Qt paths are hardcoded to /opt/kde3 and /usr/lib/qt3 until I've written
proper configure checks (you can make a couple of symlinks, or edit the
Makefile.am and re-run automake).

Then ./configure && make && cd src/fe-kde/ && ./xchat-kde.

As I say, it's not very exciting yet, but I'll be working on it as much as I
can (and if anyone else wants to help out, it'll be finished faster :)).

Cheers,
Jay

--
http://www.evilrealms.net/ - Systems Administrator