KDE Help

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Fri Sep 20 20:38:32 BST 2002

Hello Tom,

Not sure what your problems are exactly I'm afraid.
Are you using the Tru64 Qt/KDE packages from
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/contrib/Tru64

If not, have a look at that site. There's a README there as well, with the
details of the person (Dr. Tom Leitner) who created the packages. You might
try asking him for help if you run into problems.

As you know, Tru64 isn't a widely used OS these days, (was it ever!? ;-), so
you won't find too many users to share problems with. If you do run into
problems that Tom L. can't help with, you might try posting to kde-devel
where you'll probably find more Tru64 users then you'll find here.

If you want to try compiling Qt again, you can join the qt-interest mailing
list over at http://www.trolltech.com and post any error messages you get
there. Tru64 is a Qt supported platform, so you should get some reasonable
answers.

Cheers,
Sean (former Tru64/Digital Unix admin :-)

On Friday 20 September 2002 13:36, Tom Hale wrote:
> I have some weird issues running KDE 3.0.3 on a Tru64 5.1A System.
> First, I have dual monitors setup without running Xinerama and the
> desktop background on display :0.0 doesn't update correctly if I start
> using that display.  The bitmap changes, but the screen doesn't repaint.
>
> Second, Everynight for the last 2 weeks, my system has crashed without
> logging any messages to the log files on why and I can't seem to find
> any reason for it.
> Third, it seems that I didn't get a complete implementation of QT when
> I downloaded KDE.  I am missing some headers that are tested for by the
> configure scripts of various apps that I have tried to compile.  I have
> tried compiling QT 3.0.4 and QT 3.0.5 but can't seem to get either to
> compile.
> Any help would be much appreciated as I am at my wits end and will be
> switching back to CDE if I can't get some of these issues resolved.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Sean McGlynn
sean at tmiau.com