Realplayer

Tom Kuiper tbhk at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 18 22:07:00 BST 2002

> From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org>
> Subject: Re: [kde] Realplayer
> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:03:58 -0700
>
> Tom Kuiper wrote:
> > I've installed Realplayer but when I run it from a terminal command line it
> > produces no sound.  When I run it from within Netscape, Netscape hangs.
> >
> > Following a tip I read recently on this list, I set the Sound Server
> > Autosuspend to 1 second.  Is there anything else I should do?
> >

> Which Netscape version?

Netscape Communicator 4.77

>  From the command line, or in a: "*.desktop" file:
>
>       artsdsp /usr/local/RealPlayer8/realplay

Still no sound.  The sound server test works OK.  Are there any soundserver
settings I should be aware of?  Currently:
Enable network transparency             off
Exchange security ... info ...          off
Run soundserver with realtime priority  on
Autosuspend if idle for 1 sec           on
Sound I/O method                        Autodetect
Audio buffer size                       232 ms

Thanks

Tom
--
Internet:       kuiper at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109