More SpamAssassin Questions

CiAsA S'Nuey Boark ciasaboark at telocity.com
Thu Sep 12 23:34:17 BST 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 04:32 pm, Robert Black Eagle wrote:
> I apologize for asking this question as it is likely off-topic, but the
> Kmail and SpamAssassin notes fail to indicate how to get a
> $HOME/.spamassassin file set up.  I've spent two hours reading
> documentation and have yet to see how to install it in user accounts.  I
> would appreciate knowing how to do this.

Well, this might not directly answer your questions, but I just got through
setting up KMail and SpamAssassin a couple of hours ago.  As a matter of
fact, I had never even heard of SpamAssassin until you posted, asking how to
set it up.

>From debian the installation was simple (of course :)
just an apt-get install spamassassin
then change /etc/defaults/spamassassin so that the daemon gets run at
boottime.

>From there I didnt have to do any type of per-user configureation (for
spamassassin).  I simply fired up kmail and added two new rules listed at the
kmail site, one for passing all emails to spamc, and one for dealing with
messages that that get marked as spam.

If you are only interested in fine-tuning your spamassassin settings, then I
would suggest you send an email to one of the lists listed at:
http://spamassassin.taint.org/lists.html
--
Q:	What lies on the bottom of the ocean and twitches?
A:	A nervous wreck.

Jonathan Nelson [icq=56665957] [aim=ciasaboark]