3.0.3 won't optimize

Chris Jensen chris-kde at drspirograph.com
Wed Sep 4 13:06:52 BST 2002

Hi,
I've been trying to upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3, while I can get it to
compile, I can't get it to compile with the usual optimisations I use -
objprelink, enable-final, disable-debug
I'm installing into a fresh directory rather than installing over the top.
When I specified all 3, kcminit would segfault during startup and the whole
process would grind to a halt.
If I only specify --enable-objprelink, I can't even compile kde-base as
kde-config --prefix segfaults, so configure for kde-base gives:
 	configure: error: /usr/local/kde/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non
	existant prefix '' for kdelibs.
		This means it has been moved since you installed it.
  		This won't work. Please recompile kdelibs for the new prefix.

I'm running linux 2.4.17, gcc 2.95.2.1, x 4.2.0 anmd qt 3.0.5
Ive been compiling with CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686"
Is there anyway I can get it to compile while still retaining the nice
optimisations?

--
Chris Jensen

Public Key: http://drspirograph.com/public_key/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)