Konqueror cannot write to samba shares, or can it?

Malte S. Stretz msquadrat.nospamplease at gmx.net
Wed Sep 4 12:36:27 BST 2002

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 14:28 CET augusto fagioli wrote:
> Alle 10:09, mercoledì 4 settembre 2002, Adriaan.Putter at aventis.com ha
> scritto:
>
> -How did you configure your smb?
> -Maybe LISA?
> - Is it  running the same user you used with smbclient?
> - Does it - if no, should it? - promt you username e pwd when opening smb
> connection?
> Several things to check out
>
> Anyway is just a question of permissions...

I have the same problem. Even if I "login" as Administrator, there's no
write access possible while access per smbclient or smbmount is no problem.
I'm running KDE 3.0.3, trying to access a Windows 2000 Professional
workstation.

The Konqueror smb client is quite flaky in another way, too: When you copy
much data (more than 2 Gigs), it often fails with an error that it can't
access some files. smbmount works perfectly. I'll see what KDE 3.1 gives us
and file a bug report if it's still not working then. (Or should I do this
now so it can be fixed for 3.1?)

Malte