Embedded vs. external .m3u playing

Daniel Cassidy mail at lezek.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 02:26:54 BST 2002

On Tuesday 03 Sep 2002 1:32 am, Matt Anderson wrote:

> I've to KDE3.02 installed on Lycoris Linux.  I can't get Konquerer to
> properly pass links to .m3u to xmms.  It always tries to open with it's own
> embedded player.  Two problems with this.  It does not play, and I WANT it
> to open in xmms.
> I've played with the file associations but it does not seem to make any
> difference.

Go to the file associations, choose type audio/x-mpegurl and under the
embedding tag change 'left click action' to 'show file in seperate viewer'.
If, like me, you think that the embedded audio player is an abomination you
could instead do this under the 'audio' group to change the whole lot at
once.