Screen Shot in KDE

Erik Jakobsen erik at urbakken.dk
Mon Sep 2 08:08:22 BST 2002

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:47:10 +0200
Adriaan.Putter at aventis.com wrote:

Open an x-term. Write:import filename.png.

Now a cross appears, and you move this cross over the place you want to save.

After you open GIMP, and then you can inport the filname.png from before, and edit
it if necessary, or what you want to do. .png is just an example. You can have all
the know picture extensions after.

HTH.

> hi,
>
> i want to take a screen shot of the desktop, and in the back
> of my memory i remember that i saw in the KDE Control
> Panel the short cut key for Desktop screen shot is Ctrl+Print (Print Screen)
>
> if i press Ctrl+Print, is it suppose to put it in the clipboard or where,
> because i can't seem to get it right?
>
> is the desktop screenshot working in KDE?
>
> thanks,
>
> adriaan

Med venlig hilsen - Best regards - VY73 de OZ4KK
Erik Jakobsen - erik at urbakken.dk
SuSE Linux 8.0 Professional.