KMenu icons not appearing

Lee J. Moore leej at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 30 11:10:30 GMT 2002

This is on KDE3.0.4 compiled with GCC3.2 (the whole Gentoo
system is compiled with GCC3.2).  When I install new apps, an
icon doesn't appear on the kmenu.

However, on an identical system (identical software installed) -
only compiled with GCC2.95, the icons *do* appear on the kmenu.

For example, Gwenview dumps a file at:
/usr/share/applnk/Graphics/gwenview.desktop

This is enough to put an icon on the KMenu of the GCC2.95
system, but not on the GCC3.2 compiled system.

+---Also just in case this is related---+

If I try to add an entry manually with kmenuedit, it appears in
kmenuedit but still DOES NOT appear on the kmenu.  When I add
that entry though, kmenuedit sends this warning to the konsole:

WARNING: KLocale: trying to look up "" in catalogue. Fix the
program

Any clues?  I've posted this everywhere; on usenet, in the
Gentoo forums, etc.  I can't even find another person with the
same problem.  <V. Frustrating>
--
Lee J. Moore
http://www.leej.dsl.pipex.com