No kio_audiocd nor kio_help when not root!

Guy Zelck gzelck at tiscalinet.be
Tue Oct 29 20:49:44 GMT 2002

Ciasa,

On Sunday 27 October 2002 09:25 am, Guy Zelck wrote:

>> I'm not that dumb to not know that. But they probably suffer from the same
>> problem. The problem is with klauncher not being able to start them. They
>> are there and they work for root.

>> This works ok, as I expected. It's not that I can't access my cds, I can
>> play audio cds without any problems. I  can even burn cds. Don't
>> concentrate on a cd access problem. It's not that!
>>
>> I'll use 'strace' to see if that reveals sth.
>

>Have you tried accessing audiocd:/ as a user other than root and your normal
>account?
Good idea, I'll try that.

> If you can, then try moving ~/.kde or ~/.kde3 to a different
>location, then see if you can get audiocd:/ with your normal user.
Yes I tried that. No good. I even put my previous .kde (KDE2) completely aside so as eliminate any confusion between the two of them. Still no good.

> Can't
>remember off the top of my head which config files audiocd:/ looks in, but it
>shouldn't be hard to find them.
Not hard? I used 'strace' to track down what's going on but no clues at all!

By the way, what is your distribution and are you running KDE 3.0.4?

Cu,
Guy.