arts network communication

Anders Johansson anders.johansson at bolina.hsb.se
Fri Oct 25 03:52:47 BST 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 00.09, Anders Johansson wrote:
> First, when I run applications like noatun from a remote machine, when I
> open a file I see the file system on the remote machine, but when I try to
> load a file it loads from my local machine. I can play an mp3 only if I
> have a file on the remote machine with the same path+name as a real mp3 on
> the local machine. The remote file can be empty because it's the local file
> that loads and plays. Bug?

update: if I run "artsdsp xmms" it works, the file is loaded on the remote
machine and streamed through the arts server on the local box. All "native"
kde programs I've tried (noatun and kaboodle, actually) fail. Am I right in
thinking artsd actually loads and plays the files for the kde multimedia
programs?

Anders