internet connections

Ian Timshel itschaotic at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 16 06:05:15 BST 2002

Hi all.
	Not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll try.  Please
steer me along on my way if you all have better ideas.  <g>

I have a Redhat 7.2 install and KDE 2.2.2 and I'm using kppp for my
dial up connection.  I have just installed a dedicated line in this
remote place so the connection can be up for extended periods.

This is a stand alone machine.

I want to have my account available "startx -- :1" while the family
log-on screen is available on "ctrl-alt-F7" as is normal with a gui
log-on.  If I start the connection from my ":1" display, then have
someone else log-on at the ":0" display when I'm away, I'd like the
":0" display kmail and browsers to have access to the connection.

I seem not to have this now and wondering how I should go about setting
up internet access for more than one account logged in at the same
time.

I have modified the stock setup some by creating a new group for using
kppp then adding the users to it to run "/usr/sbin/kppp".

[Ian at localhost Ian]$ ls -al /usr/sbin/kppp
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     trusted    475116 Nov 15  2001 /usr/sbin/kppp

Any clues would be appreciated.
	Ian.