Changing keyboard layouts crashes X server

Daniel Klein bringa at gmx.at
Mon Oct 14 01:14:22 BST 2002

Hello,

I am encountering a strange problem. I frequently change between two keyboard
layouts (US English for typing english and coding and US English w/ deadkeys
for typing german and portuguese). Most of the time the change works fine and
without problems. I have bound ctrl+alt+k to changing between layouts (I
think this is the default). However, some few times, pressing this
combination of keys causes my X to shut down abruptly and kill all apps that
were running in it at that moment, without saving of course. This is highly
annoying since it means I lose everything I didn't save.
I am using KDE 3.0.1, but if I remember correctly I already had this problem
in the 2.x versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel