CAOS Kernel & other???

Controlroom - JHB fleetjhb at citycouriers.co.za
Fri Oct 11 10:58:35 BST 2002

When I run the CAOS kernel, and want to add or remove something. and when I tell it where the module "insmod" is for teh sound blaster, it tells me the module cannot be loaded.
Do I have to compile etc, after it's done, or is it done automaticaly?

Another problem I am getting which I know is not KDE related, but need help on is, when I compile my kernel or zImage it, the last line is giving me a error to the effect of ***make[2] /"somedirectory/fs    Error1
somedirectory is either bin or etc, I cannot remember which one.  I don't know if this is a major problem or just suppose to be like that.

Similar problem is the more I say yes to my kernel to support SB cards, the less it sees my SB settings, and when I cat the /dev/sndstat , it tells me the device does not exist.  Unfortunately I only have email access, thus looking for answers on the Internet is impossible.

if anyoen decide they have an old set of Linux manuals, it would be much appreciated, I'll pay for the postage, and if you are in SA, I would pay for the books.  Other countries is also welcome, but with the exchange rate, it would be cheaper to buy a new package than to pay for the books.

Regards,

Mark Wiggill
Controlroom Senior