Problems for installing KDE 3.0.3

Christian Herzyk christian at systrade.de
Wed Oct 9 11:56:16 BST 2002

Hi,
sorry if this appears twice, I sent the first one with the wrong
e-mail-address.

here is how you could do it

Goto suse ftp mirror /i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_8.0/
You will need everything that is in base. If your qt-mt is a different
version than 3.0.5-xx then find this version, too.
You will probably want some things from applications.

Easiest would be if you have this in seperate dirs.

Go to your dir with the base files.
Do a rpm -Uhv --test *.rpm
If ther are any problems try to solve them (there shouldn't be).
Then do rpm -Uhv *.rpm

After that install the applications with rpm -Uhv app-version.rpm

Regards

Chris