Flash and Konqeror

Richard Baxter rbaxter at midway.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 8 06:20:04 BST 2002

Dear All,

I cannot see Flash content on web sites with the Konqueror web
browser. However, this is not my concern - I don't care a bout the flash
content. What has me peeved is that whenever I (unwittingly) enter a site
that contains Flash content, it generates an endless parade of new browser
windows opening at the Macromedia Flash download page.

Can someone tell me how to either install the Flash plug-in with
Konqueror (it is not currently detecting the plug-in I installed for
Mozilla) or, preferably, configure Konqueror to ignore Flash content
altogether, including the direction to open new broswer windos to the
Flash download page.

Any advice is appreciated,

Richard Baxter

P.S. I have Mandrake Linux 8.2, with KDE 2 (.2?) and gcc 2.96