How to change fontsize in the Help system ?

Simon Hepburn sth at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 23:49:59 BST 2002

Lauri Watts wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 October 2002 02.05, Simon Hepburn wrote:

> > Sounds like this has been fixed in 3.1. Should I file a bug report
> > against 3.0.3? i.e will there be a 3.0.4 and does anyone know if the fix
> > in 3.1 has been backported?
>
> Nothing was changed between 3.0 and 3.1.  The change from specifying a font
> (and therefore making it non-customizable) to not specifying a font (and
> therefore using the one configured for Konqueror in KControl center) was
> made 14 months ago, before 2.2.1 was released, and has not been touched
> since.

I don't appear to have phrased my question very clearly. I was actually asking
whether khelpcenter had been fixed to respect the sans-serif font I specify
in konqueror preferences. I only mentioned editing kde-default.css as a hack
to overcome this bug. I don't think the problem lies with kde-default.css.
Sorry for any confusion. I will try and work out what is going on and then
file a bug report. In the meantime if other people with kde 3.0.3 or kde 3.1
could try changing their default sans-serif font in konqueror and then fire
up khelpcenter to see if it is respected that would be helpful, if only to
know if this is a Debian-specific problem.

Thanks.

--
Simon Hepburn.