KDE displays Gnome desktop

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Tue Nov 26 10:37:20 GMT 2002

Hi

I'm pretty sure this option is not in GNOME control center but in Nautilus ->
Edit -> Preferences -> Desktop and thrash -> Use Nautilus to draw the
desktop.

That's my own french-to-english translation of the menu entries though :)

If that doesn't work, just try to do ALT-F2 -> kdesktop to get your KDE
desktop back. It worked for me when I got this problem.

Good luck !

Le Mardi 26 Novembre 2002 18:39, Jan Hohe a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> after starting a gnome application which resulted in some error
> messages (couldn't find GConf...) I have the problem that KDE uses
> Gnome for managing the desktop. When I login I can shortly see the KDE
> desktop but then suddenly it switches to the gnome layout of icons
> and background.
> I was told to change the setting "Use GNOME to set the background"
> with the gnome-control-center but unfortunatly the program always
> crashes before I can change the setting.
>
> My question:
> Does anybody know in which file this option
> ("Use GNOME to set the background") is stored so
> I could change it manually or even better...
> does anybody have an alternative idea how I can prevent gnome from
> displaying the desktop in KDE ??
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> Jan

Julien Olivier