Lock Screen not working after some time

Malte Schünemann malte.schuenemann at web.de
Thu Nov 21 11:02:18 GMT 2002

I have experienced the following problem in kde 3.0.3 and 3.04.

When having started kde, the lock screen (and automatic lock screen after some time of inactivity) starts up fine. After working some time clicking of the 'lock screen' button in the task bar it does not work any more.

This seems to be related to my vmware session - i.e. it seems that if the mouse focus is in a vmware session while the automatic lock screen should become active, then the lock screen will no longer work until kde is restarted.

Same seems to be true if I start xlock by hand (or, starting xlock and click the lock screen button in taskbar immediately after that).

Well - vmware gets full mouse and keyboard focus - i.e. the mouse is confined to this window and will exit it only at a special key stroke. Is that the reason for the problem ?

ThanX, Malte