Konqeror does not show java contents

Michael Hoeller MichaelHoeller at t-online.de
Tue Nov 19 21:59:18 GMT 2002

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Dienstag, 19. November 2002 22:31, Michael Hoeller wrote:
> > When I go to the Netscape Plugins Dialog under the Properties I can see
> > many plugins (flash, acrobat, ...) but no java. But when I check one of
> > the included direcotries like /opt/mozilla/plugins I have a valid link
> > for the java JRE: libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
> > /usr/lib/SunJava2/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> Konqueror doesn't use the Java Plugin but uses the JRE directly.
> You can activate that in the config dialog.

Thanks Kevin,
I already globally activated java - but I this can not view the left part of
the following page: http://www.euvexx.de/index_ns.html

Just a guess: since SuSE uses for version 8.1 the new gcc compiler that I have
here the same problems as with the mozillea plugins in Mozilla - they are
just not accepted due to incompartibility of the gcc versions?

Michael