How to modify dir_apps in kderc

Orion Poplawski orion at colorado-research.com
Tue Nov 19 15:44:20 GMT 2002

Running RH7.2 w/ KDE 2.2.2.  I'm trying to change the path in which KDE
searches for the K menu entries.  I changed /etc/kderc to add a path:

[Directories]
dir_apps=/etc/X11/applnk:/opt/local/kde/applnk

but not only do none of the entries from /opt/local/kde/applnk show up,
but now none of the entries from /etc/X11/applnk show up as well.

/opt/local is an NFS autofs mounted filesystem.

I have been unable to locate any real information about kderc and the
dir_apps entry, so I'm just making a stab in the dark here.

- Orion Poplawski