qt 3.1 and Xft

Darrell Esau Darrell.Esau at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 18 17:49:26 GMT 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 4:23 am, snpe wrote:

> Qt is compiled fine without -xft
>
> What can I get with -xft ?

xft gets you font anti-aliasing.

The problem with RH8.0 is that it doesn't use xft, it uses xft2.

To get QT to compile with xft2, you have to include -lfontconfig as well as
-lxft.

The next problem is that redhat doesn't have a libXft (it has libXft2).

So -- you have two options:

modify all of the makefiles to replace -lxft with -lxft2, or make a symlink in
your /usr/lib directory such as:
/usr/lib/libXft.so -> /usr/lib/libXft.so.2

I find the second much easier, and it works well for me.