Cannot delete file with lock on icon - Error: File or Direcotry Does not Exist

Dustin Isom imadcow1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 15:16:39 GMT 2002

I was using Limewire to download files to my desktop,
but it was using to much bandwidth so I closed it. I
moved all other files successfully, but one file has a
lock on its icon. I tried to delete it by right
clicking on the icon with the lock on it then clicking
delete and by typing in a konsole "rm -f
file.extension". Either way I am told that the file or
directory does not exist. Other things I have tried
are actually making the file via kate (which makes the
lock go away) then deleting the file.  It allows the
file to be made and deleted but about five seconds
later, the file with the lock on the icon is
regenerated.

Any suggestions?

=====
Copyright 2000-2002 Madcow Industries