KDE thing that pops up asking if I want to open text in a browser etc.

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 11 08:49:25 GMT 2002

This one piece of KDE that I can see being useful to some but is
annoying to me I can't turn off.

I highlight text - and if the text is a URL kde will pop up a window
asking me if I want to open it in a browser etc.

This is really annoying- it happens when I highlight a URL in Mozilla.
It happens when I highlight (for the purpose of cut-n-paste or deleting)
a URL on web pages I am working on in NEdit or jEdit.

It happens when I just want to copy a URL out of an evolution email and
paste it into a text document or to a terminal for wget.

It's really annoying- but I can't find where to turn it off.

I actually prefer gnome but gnome won't go 12 hours on my system without
either completely crashing (box hangs and becomes non pingable) or the
XServer crashing dropping me back into console.

So I'm stuck with KDE.

Other than (2 my knowledge) KDE not having drawers, though- I could live
with KDE as long as this thing is disabled.

It's really starting to annoy me. Big time. How do I shut it off?