Xinerama & kwin

Adam I Howard ahoward at ecustomerdirect.com
Thu Nov 7 17:04:01 GMT 2002

Darrell Esau wrote:

> >I probably should have mentioned this before, but I'm using KDE 3.0.1
> >as packaged with Slackware 8.1. I saw Usenet postings that lead me to
> >believe Xinerama support is compiled into KDE on slackware, but maybe
> >it's not, and I'm just experiencing the default behavior...any
> >insights for me?
>
> Yes -- that would probably explain it.
>
> Xinerama support needs to be compiled into both QT and KDE.
>
> When compiling, use the --with-xinerama flag for KDE, and -xinerama
> for QT.

This did the trick.

For the record, it's pretty easy to recompile the Slackware 8.1 packages
for KDE and QT, then install those packages. You just need to download
the source from your favorite Slackware mirror in the
slackware-8.1/source/kde directory, download the qt-copy and kdebase
folders. modify the build script in each to include the correct flags,
then sh ./buildscript and voila!, xinerama support.

Thanks for your help!

Adam