KDE version of OpenOffice?

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 5 01:50:48 GMT 2002

Basil Fowler wrote:

>The second version is called KlyX.

Well, but klyx is a port of version LyX 0.12, a very outdated version of
LyX. LyX itself is being actively developed, and a Qt front-end is
almost finished. See their web-page for more info (http://www.lyx.org)

Also, LyX is document structure based, and I have memories about users
from MS-Office wondering about this "rigidity" (especially figure
placements, as it came from the LaTeX world). Personally, for a letter
or an attrractive flyer, I will not use LyX, but for a more-than-4 pages
document, I definitively will.

--Pascal