KDE CVS

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri May 31 07:56:38 BST 2002

David Findlay wrote:

> I've used beKDE 0.6 to download, compile and install KDE cvs on my machine.
> It's Debian GNU/Linux Unstable. Anyone know what I have to do to add a
> option to KDM of "KDE CVS"? Thanks,

After you add it in the KDM login setup widget, you need to also add it
to the case structure at the end of your: "Xsession" file.

The stock setup is that there is an: "Xsession" file in:
"$KDEDIR/share/config/kdm/" that sources the: "Xsession" in:
"/etc/X11/".  It is the second one you need to edit.  Debian might have
changed this/or be slightly different.

What ever string you add to the KDM login widget (if selected) will be
passed to: "Xsession" as the first parameter: $1, just as if you
executed it from the command line as:

	Xsession KDE_CVS

Except, I think you might have problems with a string with a space in
it.  Better use the underline like the example.

It is totally up to the: "Xsession" script to do something with this.
If you just add an additional case to the case structure, then it should
work.

--
JRT