KDE 3.0.1.src arts-problem

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun May 26 22:14:27 BST 2002

Horst Gutmann wrote:

> hi, i have a big problem with the compilation of the arts version, that
> is included in the kde3.0.1 tarballsrc-packages. when i try to compile
> it, i get following errors.

mcopidl.o(.__malloc_alloc_template<0>::gnu.linkonce.t._S_oom_malloc(unsigned
> int)+0x19): undefined reference to `endl(ostream &)'

> ../mcop/.libs/libmcop.so: undefined reference to `istream::ios virtual
> table'

It is not completely clear from the error message what the problem is.

I think that it is using the wrong library.

> i tried it with qt 3.0.3 and 3.0.4. same error. it also happens when i
> try to compile the latest arts snapshot.

Are you certain that it is finding only Qt-3.x?

Do you have the needed: "libstdc++" & "libstdc++-devel" installed?

> i use gcc 2.96 incl. in the mandrake 8.2 distri.

GCC 2.96-85 appears to work OK, but I have had problems with the newer
version.