KDE appearance...

Brad kdeuser at capstone.net.au
Sun May 26 02:17:47 BST 2002

Can anyone shed any light on why KDE looks so bad compared to Windoze? The KDE
fonts are really rough and difficult to read, particularly when they are
small. I don't know that it is just just the lack of True Type fonts
(although this is probably a contributing factor) as I have installed a whole
bunch of Windows TTFs and it has made little difference. Perhaps there is
more to do after they are installed?

I am trying to get Red Hat 7.3 installed at my work to replace our network of
aging Win95 PCs, but I just _know_ that as soon as the staff see the terrible
fonts that they will reject it out of hand.

I am evaluating Galeon, OpenOffice 1.0 and Evolution as that is all most of
our office will need, but the appearance compared to IE, MS Office and
Outlook is terrible.

Can anyone offer any information/advice/website that will help me to get them
a Windows-quality display?

Regards,
Brad
Brisbane, Australia