Upgrading from KDE2.2.2 to KDE3 on FreeBSD

Michael michael.lawver at pointoflightproducts.com
Wed May 22 21:51:30 BST 2002

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that I hope some of you may be able to help me with.

I'm currently running kde2 and want to upgrade to kde3 on FreeBSD (Unix) OS.

The problem is that I've tried to do this several times already with negative results.

My question is this, Do I remove the old kde2 packages by deinstalling them first, and then doing a make, make install on the arts, kdelibs3, kdebase3, kde3 etc.. to get this to work correctly, or does the kde3 rely on the old kde2 packages being there?

Any feedback here would be appreciated.

Michael