kpersonalizer overwrites kickerrc file

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Sat May 18 20:30:30 BST 2002

Turn off Kpersonalizer. To do this edit
/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc (you may have to copy this
file from elsewhere on he system to this path) and set it to FALSE.

cd /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/
edit kpersonalizerrc

change to
FirstLogin=false

"Michael H. Frey" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I am trying to get a few buttons added to the kicker panel by
> default
> for new user accounts.  I have tried putting the kickerrc file in the
> new users .kde/share/config directory before the first login, but
> kpersonalizer keeps overwriting the file.
>
>         How do I configure the default applications that kpersonalizer
> allows
> you to select on the Configure Kicker page?
>
>         Is there any documentation on kpersonalizer or how to configure
> the
> defaults for kpersonalizer?
>
>         Thanks for the help.
>
>         Mike
>
> --
> Michael H. Frey, Ph.D., Manager AI R&D  Tel(Op): (978) 535-5900
> U.S. Products, JEOL USA, Inc.            Direct: (978) 536-2390
> 11 Dearborn Road                            FAX: (978) 536-2208
> Peabody, MA 01960-3823                   e-mail:  frey at jeol.com

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5
Systems Programmer Administrator I
NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
Extension and Administrative Technology Services